1. “On the covertly becoming flushed cheek is mirrored the gleam of the heart”
2. “It is vital in life to know when your sign comes.”
3. “Remove oddity from the mastermind and you have a teacher.”
4. “I stick my finger into reality and it scents of nothing.”
5. “I have just a single companion, and that is reverberation. For what reason is it my companion? Since I love my distress, and reverberation doesn’t remove it from me. I have just a single friend, and that is the quietness of night. For what reason is it my associate? Since it stays quiet.”
6. “Furthermore, this is one of the most critical definitions for the entire of Christianity; that something contrary to sin isn’t temperance however confidence.”
7. “Oneself is a connection which relates itself to its own self, or it is that in the connection that the connection relates itself to its own self; oneself isn’t the connection yet that the connection relates itself to its own self.”
7. “Consequently don’t beguile yourself! Of all liars dread most yourself!”
8. “The assignment should be made troublesome, for just the troublesome moves the respectable hearted.”
9. “The current situation with the world and the entire of life is sick. On the off chance that I were a specialist and were requested my recommendation, I ought to answer, ‘Make quietness’.”
10. “The main wise strategic reaction to life’s shock is to giggle insubordinately at it”
11. “What resembles governmental issues, and envisions itself to be political, will one day expose itself as a strict development.”
12. “It has a place with the blemish of all that human that man can achieve his longing by going through its inverse.”
13. “Affliction draws men together and produces excellence and amicability in life’s connections, similarly as the cold of winter produces ice-blossoms on the window-sheets, which disappear with the glow.”
14. “My despairing is the most devoted special lady I have known; what wonder, then, that I love her consequently.”
15. “What is presence for yet to be snickered at in the event that men in their twenties have previously achieved the most extreme?”
16. “Individuals comprehend me so minimal that they don’t for a moment even comprehend when I grumble of being misjudged.”
17. “For he who loves God without confidence thinks about himself, while the individual who loves God in confidence ponders God.”
What is the role of love in Kierkegaard’s philosophy?
In the first place, Kierkegaard recognizes love with mindfulness. At the base of the progression of feelings, longings, and wants is the wish for the best for the cherished. In this way, Kierkegaard trusts that to satisfy its temperament, love ought to be centered around the individual who, most importantly, is being adored.
Was Kierkegaard a pessimist?
Arthur Schopenhauer is one of the additional intriguing cases with regards to the point, and we can gain from Kierkegaard’s intricate assessment of this German worrier something about how he, at the end of the day, sees the relationship between enduring presence and the ethical-strict life.
Did Dostoevsky read Kierkegaard?
Despite the fact that Dostoevsky composed after Kierkegaard, him characterized existentialist way of thinking the best. Kaufmann proclaims “Maybe Kierkegaard had ventured right out of Dostoevsky’s pen”, adding that “section one of Notes from Underground is the best suggestion for existentialism at any point composed”.
What would Kierkegaard think of Nietzsche?
Kierkegaard concurs that life can be ludicrous and that importance could be difficult to find. Rather than Nietzsche, who said the passing of God caused this, that’s what søren contended, in the current age, importance is drained out of ideas by reflection and a propensity to see things with a lot of reasonableness.
Who did Kierkegaard influence?
Kierkegaard has likewise affected twentieth-century writing. Figures profoundly affected by his work incorporate Walker Percy, W. H. Auden, Franz Kafka, David Lodge, and John Updike.